5 Tips To A Healthier ThanksgivingSnap Fitness
While Thanksgiving is certainly a time to be grateful and spend time with those we who mean the most to us, the festivities tend to add a few extra pounds to our waistline. To help avoid tipping the scale this holiday season, follow these 5 healthy Thanksgiving tips:
1. Eat small, before you eat big- There is no greater temptation than a buffet full of delectable Thanksgiving dishes. Eating something small an hour before meal time will fill your stomach just enough so you won’t pile your plate too high. Stick to your normal, daily routine to keep your blood sugar level.
2. Hit the gym before you eat- Even a quick 15 minute workout can help release endorphins and increase your metabolism. Don’t have time for the gym? Get outside for a walk or toss around the football. Something is better than nothing!
3. Take your time eating- Slow-down and enjoy every bite. Try setting down your fork after each bite and chewing thoroughly. Also, drink a glass of water or milk with your meal, to fill you up. Listen to your body and ask yourself if you’re full and satisfied.
4. Limit leftovers- We know this is the best part, but limiting leftovers will help you not to overindulge later on. Taking home a few healthier items, such as: turkey and vegetables is fine, but try to be aware of the amount you bring home. It is important to keep healthy foods around in order to be successful, when it comes to your eating habits.
5. Use a smaller plate- Try using a salad plate instead of a full size dinner plate. If there is less food on your plate, you are likely to eat less food. You’ll be surprised how full you actually feel after eating off a smaller plate.