3 Easy Moves to Give You The Ultimate 6-Pack
It’s time to carve out that inner 6-pack you’ve always wanted! If you add these three ab shredding workouts to your regular routine, you’ll see some great improvement guaranteed.
Exercise Ball Pull-In
These abdominal pull-ins are great for hitting the lower abs. Grab an exercise ball and follow the directions below.
1) Lay on top of a stability ball with your belly facing down.
2) Using your hands walk your body over the top of the stability ball while keeping your body straight until just the tops of your feet are facing down on the very top of the stability ball.
3) Once you’re in the push up position with your arms straight out and your abdomen pulled in, you’re ready to start.
4) Using your abdominal muscles, tuck your knees up towards your chest as the ball rolls in the same direction with the tops of your feet planted on top of the ball.
5) Once you've brought your knees and the ball as far up towards your chest as you can, pause for one second.
6) Slowly straighten your legs back out and return the ball to the starting position.
Working out on the Ab-Crunch machine will effectively develop strength and tone your abs.
1) Select a light resistance and sit down on the ab machine placing your feet under the pads provided and grabbing the top handles. Your arms should be bent at a 90-degree angle as you rest the triceps on the pads provided. This will be your starting position.
2) At the same time, begin to lift the legs up as you crunch your upper torso.
3) After a second pause, slowly return to the starting position.
Reminder: You need to concentrate on squeezing your rib cage and pelvis together, and pulling your abdomen in.
Seated Leg Tucks
These require balance and coordination; seated leg tucks work the entire abdominal regions, as well as the hips.
1) Sit on the edge of a bench, balancing with your legs out in front of you. Use your hands for support and keep your back flat.
2) Bring your knees to your chest.
3) Hold contraction for two seconds, then slowly return to starting position and repeat.
What's your favorite ab workout? Tell us on our Facebook or Twitter page!
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.