15 Superfoods for Weight Loss
Here is a list of superfoods for a super YOU!
1. Black Beans
- Loaded with protein and zero saturated fats.
- Add with brown rice for a healthy and harty protein/carb combo.
- High in fiber, boosts metabolism, and burns fat.
- Start of your morning with whole grain oats and fruit.
- Packed with healthy fats, fiber, and protein.
- Avocado is very tasty with eggs.
- Lean protein and packed with monounsaturated fats.
- Have it by itself or throw it in a sandwhich or salad.
- Anti-aging and a high fiber content for low calories.
- Toss in your next smoothie!
- Also high fiber content with less than 30 calories per serving.
- Eat it raw, steamed, or roasted but don't ruin it with ranch sauce.
7. Brown Rice
- Healthy carb that burns fat and boosts metabolism.
- Pair with chicken for a great post-workout meal.
- Has 15% of your daily fiber intake.
- The peeling contains most of the fiber.
- Contains 90% water.
- Grill your grapefruit to bring out more flavor with the natural sugars.
10. Kidney Beans
- High in protein and in resistant starch.
- Kidney beans taste great in chili!
- Contain healthy fats to slim down.
- Swapping out crackers for almonds can do wonders.
12. Green Tea
- Contains antioxidants that burn fat and calories.
- Drink 3-5 cups a day to lose weight.
- A half-cup serving contains 3.4 grams of resistant starches that burn fat and boost metabolism.
- The ways to eat lentils are endless. Cook them up and add to your favorite dish to get all the lentil nutrients.
- One banana contains a whopping 12.5 grams of resistant starches.
- Mush a banana into a bowl, put it in the freezer until it is an ice cream-like texture, and enjoy your healthy ice cream.
- Loaded with protein that curbs your appetite.
- Make sure you have hard-boiled eggs packed in your lunch for a quick and nutritious snack.
What's your favorite superfood? Tell us on our Facebook page!
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.