12 Ways to Eat More Fruits and VegetablesSnap Fitness
Fruits and vegetables have essential fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Most fruits and vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories and are filling. It’s essential we get enough in our diet.
Here are 12 ways to work in more fruits and vegetables everyday:
1. Make your own granola bars and fill them with dried fruit and nuts instead of buying ones loaded with sugar and white flour. Try this chewy trail mix bar for a delicious and nutritious treat.
2. Serve apple slices or celery with peanut butter instead of chips and crackers.
3. Blend fruits and veggies into a green smoothie. Try this cinnamon apple smoothie if you need more convincing!
4. Stir berries, dried fruit, or banana slices into yogurt, oatmeal, or cereal.
5. Add peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms or onions to your eggs for a delicious omelet. Add as many veggies as you want to this 5-minute breakfast burrito recipe.
6. In pastas, salads, soups, sandwiches, and casseroles, most recipes call for a certain amount of vegetables. Double the amount called for in the original recipe for an extra serving.
7. One day a week cut out meat! It’s a great way to eat more fruits and vegetables. Try this sweet potato and quinoa burger recipe.
8. Add extra veggies to a frozen pizza, order double veggies from delivery, or create your own veggie filled pizza! We recommend our cauliflower crust pizza for an extra veggie kick.
9. Make all your snacks revolve around fruits and vegetables. Stock pantries, countertops, refrigerators, car, desk, and purse with some form of fruit or veggie.
10. Fruit-based dessert has the ability to offer a light, refreshing, naturally sweet ending to a meal. Plus you get the bonus of an extra fruit serving! Try one of these 15 ways to treat yourself the healthy way.
11. Pack pre-cut veggies and fruits into snack-size bags for perfectly portioned munchies. Keep them eye level in the fridge for easy access.
12. If you have a hankering for potato chips but don’t want all the extra calories, make a big batch of crispy kale chips to munch on.