Competition Terms and Conditions
Snap Fitness 28 Day Lockdown Challenge
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) set out the basis on which you can participate in the Snap Fitness 28 Day Lockdown Challenge (“Contest”). By entering the Contest, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you should not enter the promotion and you will not be eligible to win the prize.
CONTEST PERIOD: The start date for entries is 9th November 2020 (UK time) (“Start Date”). The closing date for entries is 22:59, 31st December 2020 (UK time) (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the closing date will not be entered into the promotion.
TO ENTER: To enter the contest, Participants must complete the challenge (before 31st December 2020): enrol in the challenge online, track progress and submit testimonial. Participants can submit their progress through the Snap Fitness Challenge app by clicking the ‘Share Progress’ button in the ‘Diary’ section and send to the email: email@example.com.
Alternatively, Participants may enter without enrolment of any kind by mailing a 3" x 5" postcard with your name, address, e-mail address (if you have one), and phone number to G03 The Lightbulb London SW18 4GQ. Attn: Marketing/28 Day Lockdown Challenge. All Submissions must meet the standards set out in these Official Rules including, but not limited to the Submission Requirements (specified below). Limit one entry per person.
TESTIMONIAL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- Submissions must be in the English language or include an English translation.
- Submissions could include the following formats: before and after photos, your goals and what you achieved.
- Participants agree to and understand that Submissions may be made available to the public, including but not limited to posting on the Internet. Whether or not Submissions are published on the Internet, Promoter does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Submission.
- Participants are responsible for securing necessary consents, waivers, talent and location releases and licenses for any visual and audio material contained in the Submissions.
- Submissions must comply with the Content Restrictions set forth below.
- Each Submission must be created by Participant and entered on an individual basis only (i.e., no joint or corporate entries or entries on behalf of any Participant).
- Each Submission must be an original work of Participant which is under no restriction, contractual or otherwise that will prevent or limit use of the Submission and each Submission must be free of any and all liens, encumbrances and claims of third parties. Participant acknowledges, agrees and warrants that nothing in the Submission infringes on any copyrights, confidential information, trade secrets or trademarks or other property rights belonging to any person or entity other than the Participant, absent a suitable license, clearance or permission agreement (proof of which is required upon submission) or violates any person’s rights of privacy or publicity and that all necessary releases and permissions have been secured.
- By uploading the Submission, Participant agrees, for zero compensation, to grant to Promoter all intellectual property rights in the Submission and each of its constituent parts, which rights include, without limitation, the Promoter’s right to publish, make available to the public and/or reproduce the Submission through any media available for the purpose of administering and conducting the Contest. In addition, Participant warrants that any so called “moral rights” in the Submission have been waived and Participant acknowledges and agrees that Promoter may use any ideas from any Submission or other submitted materials, whether or not Participant has been awarded a prize in connection with any such Submission or other materials.
- Promoter is not responsible for any expenses incurred in the production and delivery of the Submissions.
CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: The Submission must not contain material that:
- is unlawful, harmful, offensive, threatening, abusive, harassing, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, defamatory, libellous, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, scantily-clad, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate material of any kind, including but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, territory, provincial or international law;
- may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- makes reference to or involves gambling, casinos, off-track betting or other gambling of any form;
- involves alcohol, tobacco or weaponry or that promotes or has a connotation to any illegal activity;
- that impersonates, disguises or conceals any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents a Participant’s affiliation with a person or entity;
- displays or depicts unacceptable clothing or adornments or displays any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, trademarks, slogans, political, personal and religious statements);
- references persons or organizations without their written permission;
- disparages persons or organizations associated with Promoter; or
- otherwise violates the standards of Promoter as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion.
Any Submission that does not comply with the above requirements and restrictions or any other requirement herein, is subject to disqualification and Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove any Submission if Promoter receives notification about any potential infringements or breaches of law or any other reason set forth herein.
Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible or misdirected Submissions, which will be disqualified; for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise; or any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering, participating in or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest. Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest for any reason whatsoever including, but not limited to, a computer virus, bug or other cause beyond the control of Promoter. In case of dispute as to the owner of a Submission, the Submission will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the Submission is made with the only exception being if a minor submits a Submission in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. A selected Participant may be required to provide Promoter with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected Submission. Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds tampering with the operation or entry process of the Contest or acting in violation of these Official Rules or applicable law. Submissions delayed past the Submission Deadline will not be accepted.
PRIZE: One (1) Winner of an Apple Watch. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any part of it) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. There is no cash alternative to the prize (or any part of it) and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable. All costs and expenses not included within the prize are the responsibility of the winner. Third-party terms and conditions apply to parts of the prize where applicable.
The winner will be contacted using the contact details provided on entry within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond to confirm details for delivery of the prize within 14 days, an alternative winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible and correct entries. PLEASE NOTE: Due to the current situation there may be a delay in the sending of prizes.
All submissions will be evaluated based on progress and testimonial.
ELIGIBILITY: Entry is open to Snap Fitness UK members, aged 18+ only. UK only.
Employees of Lift Brands UK Limited (company number 707212) (“Lift Brands”) or members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter the promotion. Employees or Franchisees of any Snap Fitness UK franchise are not eligible to enter the promotion.
No purchase is required to enter but you will require email and internet access to enter the contest. No refund may be claimed for any expenses incurred relating to the use of an email account or internet connection for the purpose of entering the contest.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Entries must not be submitted through agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete entries, or for electronic entries or winning notifications that are not received or delivered (for any reason including as a consequence of communication or network failures). Any such entries will be deemed void.
Not all individuals should participate in the Contest and you should check with a physician before participating in the Contest. Weight loss tools and information may be provided as a result of your participation in the Contest; any such tools or information is for general informational purposes and should never be relied upon or construed as medical advice. This information should not be considered complete and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions or their treatment. This information is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. You should consult with your own health care professional about your specific situation. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING IN ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED AS A PART OF THE CONTEST. IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR PHYSICIAN OR IN THE USA, DIAL 999 IMMEDIATELY.
The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions if circumstances outside its reasonable control make this unavoidable.
Entries must be strictly in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any entry not in strict accordance with these terms and conditions will be deemed to be invalid and the prize will not be awarded in respect of such entry. The promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant and to exclude any entries which it believes to be invalid or in breach of these terms and conditions.
The promoter’s decision is final in all matters relating to the promotion (including the prize) and no correspondence will be entered into.
Except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from any negligence of the Lift Brands, to the maximum extent permitted by law, neither the Lift Brands nor any of its officers, employees or agents shall be responsible for (whether in tort, contract or otherwise): any loss, damage or injury to you and/or any third party or to any property belonging to you or any third party in connection with the Promotion and/or the Prize (including the winner’s receipt or use of the same), resulting from any cause whatsoever; or any loss of profit, loss of use, loss of opportunity or any indirect, economic or consequential losses whatsoever and howsoever caused.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: Please note that this agreement is governed by English law. This means that your entry into the promotion and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and the promoter both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in connection with any such dispute or claim.
OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules (which will be available after 31st January visit www.snapfitness.com/uk/competition-terms-and-conditions please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope) to: Snap Fitness UK G03 The Lightbulb London SW18 4GQ.
The promoter of the Competition is Snap Fitness, a Lift Brands UK Limited company.