CHICKPEA, SWEET POTATO + SPINACH CURRY
Comfort food made easy
After a long day of work, sometimes you just want a filling, hearty meal that doesn’t take a lot of time. With our chickpea, sweet potato, and spinach curry, we’ve got just the thing. In under 30 minutes, you’ll have made some healthy food that will warm you up and leave you ready for seconds.
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 inch (3cm) ginger, grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 chilli pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp of hot pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp sweet pepper
- 2/3 cup (150ml) vegetable broth
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk, canned
- 3 cups (100g) spinach, chopped
- 14 oz. (400g) can chickpeas
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Then add the chopped ginger, garlic, and chilli pepper. Fry for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the peeled and chopped sweet potato, season with salt and fry for another 2 minutes. Add the spices and mix well.
- Next, add the chickpeas along with the brine, broth, and coconut milk. Mix everything together and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 15 minutes without covering, stirring every occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Add the spinach, mix and take off the heat. Wait until it is wilted. Serve with rice and enjoy!
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.