Amped Up Abs And Arm Workout
Strengthen your upper body and tone your core simultaneously with this ab and arm workout.
When your core is stronger, you’ll notice many benefits to your overall health and day to day life. It supports better postures, helps prevent injury and make your life easier overall.
“Your core is the base of all the moves you make," says Laura Pachnos, an experienced Pilates and yoga teacher. The stronger your core, the easier it is to execute everyday movements like bending down to pick something off the ground, standing for long periods of time, or doing household chores.”
This workout provides great long-term benefits - try it for yourself! You can adjust the dumbbell weight to make the workout more or less intense. If you have any questions about the moves, ask a trainer.
Try this workout for yourself and reap these awesome benefits! Adjust your dumbbell weight to increase or decrease intensity. Ask a trainer if you have questions on any of the moves.
- Warm up for 5-10 minutes by walking, jogging, or cycling
- Start with performing 1-3 sets of each movement. For an extra challenge, aim for 5!
- After you have completed your target number of sets, finish with 10 minutes of core stretches, such as overhead reaches, upward facing dog, and cat/cow poses
- Close Grip Barbell Bench Press: 10 reps
- Zottoman Curl: 10 reps
- Cable Rope Hammer Curls: 15 reps
- Tricep Pushman Rope Attachment: 15 reps
- Decline Reverses Crunch: 20 reps
- Swiss Ball Pull In: 20 reps
- You’ve probably heard the phrase “engage your core” before, and for good reason. Engaging your core muscles while completing core exercises makes every movement more effective—and it prevents injury.
- To do so, imagine that you are bracing yourself for a sucker-punch right to the stomach. You’re not going to suck in your stomach, rather you’re going to take a deep breath and tighten all your abdominal muscles. It may be helpful to picture “zipping up” your abs—bringing your navel up and toward your spine.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.