Sticky Chicken Asian Salad
A salad that will live up to your expectations
Why spend $15 on a salad at a cafe when you can make one just as tasty at home? Try this our Sticky Chicken Asian Salad that will leave your stomach and your wallet full!
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce (gluten free)
- ¼ cup (90g) clear honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 ½ cups (350g) cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, finely sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup (30g) mint, leaves
- 1 cup (30g) fresh coriander, leaves
- ½ cup (80g) almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Lay the chicken between 2 sheets of clingfilm and pound with a rolling pin to slightly flatten.
- To make the marinade, put the soy sauce, honey, garlic and 1 tbsp. sesame oil in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the chicken and put in the fridge. Allow it to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of sesame oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes each side or until brown. Then take off the pan, and set aside to slightly cool and thinly slice or shred.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the remaining marinade to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes or until sticky. Set aside to cool.
- Put the cabbage, carrot, cucumber, onion, mint, coriander, almonds, sesame seeds and the chicken in a large serving bowl. Add the soy dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve straight away or store in the fridge.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.