Quick and Effective Circuit Workout + The Many Benefits of Circuit Training
If you’re looking to switch things up at the gym, you may want to give circuit training a try.
This form of exercise is growing in popularity because it combines the best of both worlds: cardio and strength training. Circuit training involves rotating through a set number of exercises with little rest in between. It usually includes all major muscle groups for a quick, yet highly effective, full-body workout with major benefits!
What kind of benefits, you ask? Well, read on to find out, and give our full body circuit workout a try!
- Improves muscular endurance, which is the body’s ability to sustain exercise for a period of time.
- Boosts your mood. Both forms of exercise found in circuit training help improve your mood by releasing feel-good endorphins such as serotonin and dopamine.
- Is perfect for all levels. Circuit training is highly versatile, making it suitable for almost everyone.
- Circuits can be designed for all difficulty levels. For example, if you’re looking to increase difficulty, try shorter breaks, higher reps, or increasing the duration. To lower the difficulty level, you can allow longer breaks in between exercises or stick with fewer rounds.
Circuit training workout:
- Warm up for 5-10 minutes by walking, jogging, or cycling.
- Set a timer for 12 minutes
- Complete 45 seconds of each exercise with 15 seconds of rest in between
- This full set of exercises and rest is a circuit. Try and repeat 2 times!
- Ab roller swiss ball
- Swiss ball hamstring curl
- Jackknife sit up
- Push-ups with feet on a swiss ball
- Jump squat
If you need any support with these exercises or how to perform them including tips and tricks, download the Snap App: HERE
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.