Go Bananas For This Protein Nice Cream
Turn your protein shake into healthy ‘nice’ cream with this banana soft serve. This can be served as a frozen treat or can be enjoyed as a post-workout smoothie. The ingredients also have some pretty sweet health benefits.
Bananas: Eating a banana after a workout may help boost muscle glycogen production, reduce inflammation, and possibly even help your body utilize protein more effectively — all of which may result in a quicker recovery.
Eating carb-rich foods, such as bananas, together with a source of protein immediately after exercising is often recommended to help your muscles recover more effectively from a resistance-based workout.
Protein: The three macronutrients — fats, carbs, and protein — each affect your body in different ways, and studies show that protein is by far the most filling.
Protein reduces your level of the hunger hormone ghrelin and boosts the levels of peptide YY, a hormone that makes you feel full!
Try the recipe out for yourself and see if you’ve found your next favorite treat!
- 4 tbsp. vanilla or natural yogurt
- 2 medium bananas, sliced, frozen
- 1 scoop (25g) vanilla protein powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Berries, to serve
- Add in additional toppings like dark chocolate bits, caramel, peanut butter, or chopped nuts.
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor or high-speed blender and start blending until it’s a smooth and creamy texture.
- Use the "pulse" mode if your food processor or blender has one. It tends to blend the bananas better and you won't have to keep turning the device on and off each time you need to stir the mixture.
- And that’s it! If you’re wanting to enjoy it right away as a smoothie or soft serve, divide the smoothie between two bowls (or keep it all to yourself!). Top it all off with some berries and enjoy.
- If you’re wanting to enjoy it later as nice cream, freeze for 2 hours then scoop into bowls and add desired toppings.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.