Avocado Toast Recipe
Avocado toast has become a beloved breakfast, lunch…or dinner. It’s super easy to make, healthy and satisfying, and it’s a blank canvas for flavorful toppings. What’s not to love?
Below, you’ll find a basic avocado toast recipe that is topped with a poached egg and balsamic vinegar, but let’s start with some healthy benefits..
- Avocados are high in healthy fats that help you feel or stay? satisfied longer.
- Eggs are high in protein and in nutrients like selenium and Vitamin B. These vitamins are great for boosting for mood!
- Balsamic vinegar contains strains of probiotic bacteria that improves your digestion and gut health!
- 3 eggs
- 1 medium avocado
- ½ C cherry tomatoes
- ½ C spinach
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Dash of olive oil
- 3 slices of bread
- Pour cold water in a saucepan, and crack egg into a separate bowl.
- Place saucepan over low-medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir water and create a whirlpool. Carefully tip the egg into the water.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until white is set, then remove egg with a spoon.
- Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Mash avocado in a bowl, then add balsamic vinegar and stir to combine.
- Spray olive oil in a fry pan and place over low-medium heat.
- Add cherry tomatoes to the pan and sauté for 4-5 minute
- Toast bread, then top with balsamic avocado and serve with poached eggs, cherry tomatoes and raw spinach.
- Season with a dash of salt and pepper, then dig in!
*Note, the recipe contains 3 servings so it’s perfect for you and some friends. Modify if needed!
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.