Shrimp Boil Foil Packs
These Shrimp Boil Foil Packs are the perfect dinner for a long summer night! They’re easy to throw together but packed with flavor. What are you waiting for? Head outside and get grilling!
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 (12 oz.) package smoked Andouille sausage, thinly sliced
2 ears corn, each cut crosswise into 4 pieces
1 small onion, quartered
1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1) Preheat grill to high heat.
2) Cut four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide ingredients among each sheet of foil and toss with your hands to combine. Pinch foil together so that ingredients are completely covered and sealed.
3) Place foil packs on the grill and cook until potatoes are fork tender and shrimp and sausage is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Mexican Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Packed with veggies and a hint of spice, these Mexican Stuffed Zucchini Boats are sure to satisfy! These are super easy to prepare and can be easily modified for desired spiciness. For a quick and simple dinner, you can even prepare the zucchini boats ahead of time, refrigerate, and bake when ready!
Makes: 4 Zucchini Boats
Calories per serving: 249
2 large zucchini
1 cup red pepper, diced
1 poblano pepper, cored and diced
1/4 red onion, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 cup corn
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup cooked quinoa
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1-2 tbsp hot sauce
1/2 cup chopped parsley + a little more for garnish
Sharp cheddar cheese
1) Slice zucchinis in half lengthwise. Using a metal spoon or melon baller, hollow out the center of the zucchini. Place hollowed zucchini, skin side down, in a greased 9x11 casserole pan. Place 1 cup zucchini “meat” on a cutting board and dice.
2) Preheat oven to 400F.
3) In a medium sized skillet, warm 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Place the chopped zucchini, red pepper, poblano pepper, and red onion in pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Next, add the quinoa, beans, corn, diced tomatoes, cumin and chili powder. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add parsley, desired amount of hot sauce, and salt to taste. Mix well.
4) With a spoon, fill zucchini boats with filling until full, or the vegetable mixture is gone. Sprinkle desired amount of cheddar cheese on each boat. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes. Allow zucchini boats to cool for 5-10 minutes, top with cilantro and enjoy!
Pokémon GO Snap Contest
Catch ‘em all to win big! If you’re a fan of the widely popular game Pokémon GO, this contest is for you. Long adventures seeking Pokémon can be tiring, but not if you have the right supplies! Enter in our contest to win the ultimate Pokémon GO Trainer Prize Pack that is sure to up your game!
Follow These Steps To Participate:
Step 1: Download the Pokémon GO app if you haven’t already.
Step 2: Take a screenshot of a Pokémon at your local Snap Fitness.
Step 3: Share it on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and tag #PokemonGoSnap to be entered.
Step 4: Stay tuned to find out if you won! We’ll announce the winner on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on August 1!
Trainer Prize Pack Items:
$100 gift card for iTunes or Google Play
Snap Fitness Sweatband
Snap Blender Bottle
Red Snap Fitness T-Shirt
Snap Cinch Bag
Snap Fitness Sunglasses
So what are you waiting for? Get to your local Snap Fitness and play your favorite new game after a sweat session. Ready, Set, Pokémon GOOOOOOO!
Lean-Ya Colada Protein Shake
Have you heard? It’s National Piña Colada Day! We’ve got the perfect protein shake that’s guaranteed to satisfy your cravings for something sweet, best enjoyed while listening to Jimmy Buffet’s “If You Like Piña Coladas.” :)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 ½ cups crushed ice cubes
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup frozen diced pineapple
- ¼ teaspoon rum extract
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- low-fat whipped cream
- maraschino cherry
Combine all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth. Top with whipped cream and a cherry if desired; enjoy!
Fit Tip: The Importance of Core Training
Your core is just as important to train as any part of your body. You’ve heard it a million times, but that’s because it’s true. It’s not because it gives you rock-hard abs to show off at the beach (although that is a nice side effect) or because it helps you fit into your favorite pair of jeans from a few years ago. Working your core actually has quite a few benefits that are extremely important to your overall health.
It is important to note that when we say “core” we do not mean just the abdominal muscles. The core does include your abs, but it also includes the muscles surrounding your spine, hips, pelvis and your glutes. Read on to find out why 15 extra minutes of core work at the gym is so worth it!
Strengthens Your Back
We’ve all had lower back pain, and we all know how horrible it is. A strong core assists in giving you better posture which helps to relieve pressure on your lower back, which in turn avoids lower back pain. This is crucial to your health, especially if you’re sitting in your chair at work all day.
Your core is the center of all of the movement in your body, so strengthening it will help to keep you stabilized during your day. It may sound silly, but a strong core lessens your risk of falling, which is especially important as you get older.
Seemingly unrelated but altogether important, a strengthened core actually helps you breathe better and deeper. Your brain functions much better with more oxygen, so being able to take in bigger breaths because of your core is extremely beneficial. Breathing also helps reduce stress, which is never a bad thing to do!
Lastly, activities that you do regularly become much easier when you have a strong core. Whether you’re lifting your child into bed or carrying your puppy out of the house, you will find that after building up your core, these simple everyday tasks seem much easier.
Firework Fruit Kebobs
We’ve got the perfect treat for your Fourth of July celebrations! These festive fruit kebobs are not only super easy to prepare, but also make a simple side dish for entertaining or to bring to a party. This patriotic treat can even double as a centerpiece! :)
1 whole watermelon
1 pint blueberries
1 pint raspberries
For the kebobs
1) Cut watermelon in half, slice up one of the halves about 1 inch thick, and set aside other half.
2) Use a star-shaped cookie cutter or a small knife to cut star shapes out of the slices.
3) Put berries and watermelon stars on the kebobs in assorted orders.
4) Scoop 1-2 inches of watermelon out of the half that was set aside.
5) Stick the kebobs into the watermelon half and fill in with fruit.
6) Keep chilled until serving; enjoy!