Tired of the same old pre-workout snack? If your answer is yes, you’re in luck! These little balls of goodness are packed with all natural ingredients, are easy to make, and contain the ideal blend of protein and carbs you’ll need before an intense workout. Make these ahead of time and carry them with you when hunger strikes.
Ingredients (makes six balls):
- 1 serving of protein powder
- 4 dates
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 shredded coconut
1. Add dates, walnuts, and macadamia nuts to a food processor and blend.
2. Once blended, add coconut oil and protein powder. Blend again.
3. Allow it to set in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
4. Once the batter is at a consistency to be made into balls, mix in the blueberries and shredded coconut and form into balls.