How To Add 30 Minutes Of Cardio To Your Workday
Why is it so hard to find that 30 minutes a day to fit in a workout?
One of the biggest challenges of the day can be finding time to exercise. Most people feel that unless they carve out a specific time for their work out, it may not happen at all. With all the demands life throws your way, sneaking in the recommended 30 minutes a day can seem like a daunting task. The truth is, finding time for those 30 minutes can be easier than you’d think.
That’s right, drop the coffee mug, step away from the computer, and lace up those sneakers, its time to get moving! The easiest way to sneak in 30 minutes of exercise during your busy day is to break it into short workouts. Below is a list of small things you can do that will add up to results, if done daily.
Remember, it takes one step at a time. Track your workouts for better results and always plan ahead if you know your day is going to get the best of you. Something is always better than nothing!
10 ways to add exercise to your day:
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Sit on an exercise ball to strengthen abs and back
- Wear ankle weights, walk the stairs
- Walk during your lunch break
- Instead of emailing a co-worker, walk to their desk
- Close your office door and do some jumping jacks
- Do calve rises while standing
- Park furthest away from the door as possible
- Start an office walk break, start a trend
- Bike to work, if applicable
What are some ways you incorporate small workouts into your work day?