¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
¾ cup coconut milk
¼ cup pumpkin puree
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge.
GUEST BLOGGER | Meet Lauren
Lauren Gaskills is an inspirational writer, speaker and food blogger whose passion is to inspire others to lead healthy, happy redeemed lives. Visit her at MakingLiftSweet.com
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
It's official: The search for the perfect protein ball is over! These chocolate chip oatmeal energy balls are the perfect mix of healthy and heavenly. You can thank us later.
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup cacao chocolate chips
¼ cup protein powder (optional)
2 tablespoons liquid (almond milk, water, etc.)
- Mix ingredients in a bowl until combined. Set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and roll into balls using hands. Store in fridge.
What’s the key to healthy eating? Preparing in advance! That starts with a healthy grocery list to stock up on the best ingredients for each of your healthy meals. This guide is the first step in your weekly healthy eating and will speed up those grocery store trips by giving you a plan!
Before you grocery shop, take note of what you already have in your kitchen from the list below, and make your own list to fill in the blanks.
Investing even just a little more time into your preparation to make sure you have all the ingredients you need- you’re eliminating two huge hurdles when it comes to healthy eating.
- Having enough time
- Having the right ingredients
Break Down Your Needs into Groups
Since the grocery store is typically broken up by food groups, why not break down your list into groups to make your shopping trip easier?
Below you’ll find what you should always have in your kitchen as well as a few items that are optional! (This is pending any dietary restrictions or allergies)
- High fiber cereals
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Sweet potatoes/yams
- Whole wheat/gluten free pasta
- Brown rice or quiona
Have At Least One of These
- Whole wheat, gluten free or sprouted bread
- Whole wheat wraps
- Whole wheat English muffins
- Boneless/skinless chicken breast
- Filet/hanger/flank/sirloin/lean ground beef
- Turkey bacon
- 3 in seasons fruits including at least 1 berry
- 5 in season vegetables including 1 leafy green
- Nonfat/Non-dairy milk
- Low fat/nonfat plain Greek or regular yogurt
- Parmesan cheese
- Low fat cheese
- Toato sauce
- Low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- Low sodium soup
Oils, Vinegars, Condiments
- Extra virgin olive oil
- White wine viegar
- Canola oil
- Other vinegars
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh or minced garlic
- Crushed red pepper
- Fruits/Berries with no added sugar
- Ground turkey meat
- Vacuum sealed fish
- Veggie burgers