With the first long weekend of summer around the corner, start your grills and get ready for some delicious food! Bring these Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs to your weekend BBQ for a healthy, mouth-watering option!
For the marinade:
1/3 cup soy sauce
¼ cup canned pineapple juice
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
½ teaspoon minced garlic
¼ teaspoon grated ginger
¼ cup cold water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
For the kabobs:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
3 bell peppers, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
3 cups pineapple chunks
- For the marinade: Combine first six ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, whisk cold water and cornstarch together until combined. Slowly pour water into marinade, whisk and simmer for three minutes until marinade thickens.
- Place chicken in a bag or bowl and add half of the marinade. Let sit for up to four hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Thread chicken, peppers and pineapple onto skewers.
- Grill over medium heat, turning every 5 minutes and basting with remaining marinade until chicken is done, about 15 minutes.