Featured Recipe: Texas Caviar
This dip is incredibly addicting, and quick to throw together. It is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser at your next party or backyard BBQ.
Another great thing about this dip is that you can easily play with the ingredients and alter them to your liking. Want some extra protein? Use two cans of black beans. Not a fan of jalapeño? Not a problem - skip it, or add just a little bit.
Experiment with the recipe and make it to your liking!
2 Cups celery
1 1/2 Cups red onion
1 small jar diced pimento
1 small jar jalapeño
1 15 oz. can of black beans
1 15 oz. can of corn
1 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans
1/2 Cup sugar
3/4 Cup vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup apple cider vinegar
1. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small saucepan and heat the mixture until it boils and thickens. Remove from heat and cool in refrigerator while combining other ingredients.
2. Chop celery and red onion and combine in a large bowl.
3. Rinse and drain beans and corn. Combine in the bowl with the chopped celery and red onion.
4. To your liking, add the diced pimento and diced jalapeño to the mixture.
5. Add the cooled dressing to the mixture. Refrigerate and enjoy when the time comes!
Per serving: 237 cal, 23 carbs, 15g fat, 5g protein, 82g sodium, 12g sugar