Featured Recipe: Roasted Chickpeas
Craving something salty, but want to stay on track with your diet? This recipe for Roasted Chickpeas is a quick, healthy snack for on-the-go.
Roasted chickpeas are full of fiber, protein, and are light in sodium. They are the perfect snack for when the salt cravings hit! Add your own variety of spices or a touch of sugar and cinnamon for a sweet treat.
Either way you cut it, these are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
1 (15-oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp ground turmeric
1. Preheat oven to 400F and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Rinse and drain the chickpeas and place onto paper towel. Add a couple paper towels on top and roll the chickpeas around until completely dry. This helps them crisp up in the oven.
3. Add the chickpeas into a medium mixing bowl and stir in the oil until coated. Add the seasonings and mix well until chickpeas are completely coated.
4. Spread chickpeas onto the baking sheet.
5. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes. Give the pan a gentle shake to stir the chickpeas and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until golden and lightly charred on the bottom.
6. Cool for 5 minutes
Makes 3 servings
Per serving: 148 cal, 24g carbs, 3g fat, 7g protein, 549mg sodium