3/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
¼ teaspoon sea salt
3 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
½ cup almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine maple syrup, coconut milk and coconut oil. Bring mixture to a boil and stir frequently for 10 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and sea salt.
- Add coconut, almond flour and all but 1/4 cup of the caramel to the bowl of a food processor (reserve the 1/4 cup caramel for an optional glazed topping). Pulse until the mix holds together enough to be squeezed into a ball.
- Use your hands to form tight balls out of cookie mixture (about the size of 1 tablespoon) and place onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops of macaroons begin to turn golden. Remove and let cool.
- If desired, drizzle with remaining caramel sauce.