8 Ways to Celebrate National Family Health & Fitness Day
Parents, become a healthy role model to your children! Getting children active at a young age will help them learn about the importance of healthy habits.
Here are some activities the whole family can enjoy together while staying active!
1. Take a bike ride to a local park and enjoy a picnic
2. Pick your own apples from a nearby apple orchard
3. Get the whole neighborhood involved in a friendly touch football or kickball game. For younger kids, put together a game of capture the flag or kick the can.
4. Go for a walk and collect colorful fall leaves
5. Go for a hike in the woods
6. Visit a pumpkin patch
7. Fly kites
8. Find your way through a corn maze
Most importantly, have fun!