8 Tips To Get More Fruit Into Your Diet
Do you find it hard to stay consistent with your fruit consumption as the winter months approach? If so, you aren’t alone. Fruit contains loads of vitamins, minerals, and fiber that keep your body functioning properly. The benefits are endless!
We’ve already given you tips for 5 Tips to Get More Veggies Into Your Diet, but the question remains: How do you incorporate more fruit into your diet?
The answer is quite simple. Fresh fruit can easily be added to some of your favorite foods, if you have the willingness to be creative.
Here are a few ways to sneak more fruit onto your plate.
1. Add fresh fruit to your greens. Yep, we said it! Try adding fruit such as; peaches, apples, pears, or berries to your salad. Fresh fruit adds a bit of sweetness that goes great with mixed greens
2. This one is a no-brainer! Mix fresh fruit into your daily smoothie. Cut up fresh fruit and freeze for smoothies. The fruit not only acts as a sweetener, but also as ice when frozen.
3. Keep fresh fruit easily accessible. Cut up fruit right after you get home from the grocery store. Being prepared is key!
4. Slice up a banana or add fresh blueberries to your morning cereal or oatmeal.
5. Break out the grill! There is nothing better than fresh fruit on the grill. Grilling fruit brings out the sweetness. Try pineapple, peaches, or bananas
6. Frozen fruits are just as nutritious as fresh. Use frozen if it is more convenient for you.
7. Stuff apples with raisins, dried apricots and walnuts and bake in the oven for a healthy dessert.
8. Don’t forget AVOCADOS! Yes, they are a fruit. Add these to your favorite sandwich, salad, or dip.
How are you going to add more fruit to your diet today?