Avocado Strawberry Caprese Salad
Incorporating seasonal and fresh produce into your diet is a must this summer. We've got a tasty twist on the traditional Caprese Salad that includes fresh strawberries, avocado, and basil — we're pretty sure it'll knock your socks off. Bring flavor back to your lunch or make a large batch to share at your next get-together with family and friends.
1 ¾ cups sliced strawberries
¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 avocado, pitted and diced
1 ear of corn
½ cup cubed fresh mozzarella
1/3 cup loosely packed basil, chopped
For the vinaigrette:
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1) Fill a pot with about 4 inches of water and bring to a boil. Place corn in pot and cook for 10 minutes. Transfer corn to cutting board and let cool, then use a knife to cut corn off the cob.
2) Place strawberries, tomatoes, avocado, corn, mozzarella and basil in a serving bowl. Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl, then drizzle over salad. Gently toss and serve immediately.
Green Super Smoothie
You may not have known it was National Eat Your Vegetables Day until reading this blog — and that’s no surprise to us. This probably isn’t one of your favorite national days, but after you try this smoothie recipe, it might be a top five. If the thought of eating vegetables makes you cringe, this is for you! The secret is to combine a few leafy greens with the right fruits to disguise the taste and texture of the vegetables. You will be surprised to find how enjoyable this combination turns out!
1 handful of spinach
1 handful of kale
5 frozen mango chunks
½ frozen banana slices
1 scoop vanilla or plain protein powder
2-4 ice cubes
½ cup Almond Milk
¼ cup orange-mango juice
Combine ingredients and blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately!
Blueberry Banana Protein Shake
You don't need a long list of ingredients to concoct the perfect shake – sometimes less is more! We have the perfect post-workout shake we guarantee you'll love. Packed with antioxidant rich blueberries and a banana, this combination delivers so much flavor and nutrients. It only takes a couple minutes to throw together and will keep you full for hours!
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 large ripe or frozen banana
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup ice cubes
1 cup of milk (skim, almond, soy, coconut)
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately!
Chinese Orange Cauliflower Bites
If you are looking for creative ways to eat vegetables, this is for you! Cauliflower provides a variety of nutrients that bring many health benefits to your body, including digestive and detoxification support. Pair this cruciferous vegetable with the right seasonings and a delicious Chinese glaze for the ultimate dish everyone will love.
1 large head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup canned coconut milk
¾ cup all-purpose flour (I use gluten-free)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
For the orange glaze:
½ cup vegetable broth
½ cup orange juice
½ teaspoon orange zest
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
1) Preheat oven to 450° F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
2) To create the batter, whisk together coconut milk, flour, garlic powder, garlic powder, ginger, onion powder, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir until smooth.
3) Coat cauliflower pieces with batter and place on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes until cauliflower turns slightly golden brown.
4) While cauliflower is baking, whisk together the vegetable broth, orange juice and zest, brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar and ground ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl and stir until mixed. Pour cornstarch mixture into the saucepan and stir until glaze thickens, about 2 minutes.
5) Remove glaze from heat and cauliflower from oven once both are done cooking. Let cauliflower bites cool and place in a medium bowl. Spoon pour glaze over cauliflower bites and toss until each piece is evenly coated.
6) Serve with rice or quinoa, vegetables, orange, pineapple, or even cashews!
Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
Seeking a satisfying swap for meat in your next sandwich? Try chickpeas!
We’re fans of laying “smashed” chickpeas with crisp and flavorful vegetables for the ultimate lunch. Plus, chickpeas are protein-packed and budget friendly. Build this sandwich up or down to your liking — ready, set, assemble!
Calories Per Serving: 121
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 11.6g carbs, 6.8g fat, 3.4g protein
Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
1 — 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
2 — (10-12 inch) stalks of celery, finely chopped
1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
1/4 cup purple onion, finely chopped
2 Tbs vegan mayo
2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
1 clove garlic minced
Salt & pepper to taste
Whole grain bread
Sandwich topping options:
1. With a fork, mash chickpeas in a medium bowl.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Scoop about 1/3 of the mixture onto a slice of whole grain bread, top with which ever toppings you prefer, cover with another slice of bread and enjoy
Lemon-Roasted Chicken Thighs & Potatoes
Zest up your chicken dinner for the summer! All signs point to lemon as the seasonal flavor. This recipe packs serious protein and tastes great. Paired with golden potatoes, we’ve got your next dinner covered. Enjoy!
4 chicken thighs (can be boneless or bone-in, skin-on)
1 ½ pounds golden potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 leek, finely chopped
¼ cup olive oil
2 lemons (1 zested and juiced) and 1 thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic and salt and pepper.
2. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, leeks and chicken with oil mixture. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper, then top each chicken thigh with a slice of lemon.
3. Roast, turning potatoes once, until potatoes are golden-brown and tender and chicken is cooked through, about 40-50 minutes.