If you’re passionate about health, fitness and well-being, and encouraging others to live a healthier lifestyle, you have what it takes to be the first Snap Fitness Ambassador! Start by entering to win a free trip to a Wellness Retreat!
As the first Snap Fitness Ambassador, it will be your responsibility to create meaningful and creative content to incentivize others to join #SnapNation. Your content will be posted directly to your own social media platforms as well as reposted to the Snap Fitness headquarter accounts. Benefits of this position include a free Snap Fitness world-wide gym membership, payment for social media post/Instagram story mentions, and the opportunity to be the first ever ambassador to a global fitness brand!
In addition to the ambassadorship, you have a chance to win a FREE trip to a Wellness Retreat featuring renowned wellness expert Nora Tobin! Post a Snap Fitness gym selfie with the hashtag #mypeakgetaway by March 25th for your chance to win! To learn more about the wellness retreat click here: (http://bit.ly/2scldhr))
If you’re interested in applying for the ambassadorship, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- You do NOT need look like a fitness model to qualify. We encourage individuals of all shapes and sizes to apply!
- You must be a Snap Fitness member (even if you only joined yesterday, you still qualify!)
- When creating content, creativity is the key. It should be positive, engaging, Snap Fitness branded, and speak to people on all fitness levels.
Other qualifications include:
- Strong social media following
- Work out at Snap Fitness only
- Positive personality
- Works well with others
- Ready to take risks and try new things!
- Create and post 1-2 pieces of unique, organic content that is Snap Fitness branded- this could include the use of Snap Fitness apparel, Snap Fitness hashtags, gym locations, etc. Use this opportunity to make yourself stand out!
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- Links to the content you created
- Links to your social media platforms
- An intro paragraph telling us about yourself: who you are, where you’re from, and why you want to be the first Snap Fitness Ambassador. Be sure to include why you think you’re the best choice for the position!
- Your posted selfie with the hashtag #mypeakgetaway
Click here for official contest rules: http://bit.ly/SnapAmbassadorRules
We look forward to learning more about you and what you will bring to Snap Fitness, and good luck!
Looking for a sweet afternoon snack that won't completely ruin your diet? Look no further! Whip up a batch of these yummy Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Bliss Balls the next time you're craving chocolate or peanut butter.
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
3 oz dark chocolate, melted
- Combine dates, oats and peanut butter in a food processor and process until very finely chopped. Roll into 9 balls.
- Melt chocolate and drop balls one at a time into a saucepan. Use a spoon to coat ball with chocolate and remove it from saucepan. Place ball onto wax paper and repeat until all balls are covered with chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 week.
It’s so easy to stray from your health routine while traveling. Temptations are everywhere. They start at the airport. You grab a mocha or a burger before you board, thinking they will tide you over until you arrive. Harmless enough, right? Not really. Air travel in itself is a stress on your system. Add in greasy food or sugary drinks and you’re putting yourself behind the eight ball. Next thing you know you’re feeling ill. Happens all the time. But it doesn’t have to. Follow these six tips next time you hit the road and prepare for smooth sailing.
- Snack Smarter. Bring healthy snacks with you. You can’t go wrong with anti-inflammatory snacks, such as walnuts and almonds. They are a great option because they’re loaded with healthy fats, which will help you feel full, and filled with valuable nutrients.
- Stay Hydrated. Staying hydrated is crucial when traveling. Start before you go. Try starting your travel day with a green smoothie and then sip on coconut water throughout the day. You’ll be surprised by how much of a difference swapping out a cup of coffee for water makes in your health and energy.
- Keep Up With Your Vitamins and Supplements. If vitamins and supplements are part of your daily routine, make sure to pack them. Consider adding an extra dose of Vitamin C to boost your immunity system.
- Stick To Your Diet (Mostly). Even though you’re on vacation, you still want to be mindful of your diet. Avoid fast food chains at all costs. If greasy fries hurt your stomach at home, they will on vacation. Make exceptions of course. Go ahead and sample local cuisines. But make sure you include greens and don’t overdo it.
- Do Something Active At Your Destination. Plan it out before you travel. Pick something unique about the area and design a workout around it — running on the beach, cross-country skiing, mountain-climbing. Burn some calories while being a tourist.
- Find a Snap Fitness! We have more than 2,000 locations around the world so chances are good you can find us. Scope it out before you travel. We’re open 24-7. Nothing feels better and more like home than a workout at Snap Fitness.
This delicious Bone Broth Chicken Pho with Rice Ramen Noodles is easy to make and provides the amazing benefits of bone broth. Bone broth supports the immune system and contains healing compounds like collagen. This recipe will serve two.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 clove garlic minced
1 green onion, sliced
1 small bunch cilantro sprigs
3 ½ cups chicken bone broth
8 ounces cooked shredded chicken
6 ounces rice ramen noodles
Fresh basil leaves, sliced red Fresno chile, and lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- Add olive oil to a stock pot over medium heat and saute ginger, garlic, green onions and cilantro until fragrant, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes.
- Add bone broth to pot and bring to a full boil. Place rice ramen noodles into pot and simmer until cooked, stirring frequently for about four minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and stir in cooked chicken.
- Divide soup between two bowls and garnish with basil, chile and lime wedges.
When you get up in the morning, you know what you’re supposed to do. Eat lots of greens. Drink eight glasses of water. Exercise for 30 minutes. Sleep eight hours. Those are the benchmarks. They work. But they’re hard to do every day, especially when your boss is hovering and your phone is blowing up. That’s where Snap Fitness comes in. When you become part of our community, we become your oasis. Your sea of calm in a sometimes-hectic life. A place to turn to not only during easy days but hard days too.
Think of us as your ultimate source of stress-relief. We’ll help you work off the angst of the day and redirect negative thoughts. Talk to us. We have trainers who are skilled at designing wellness programs. We’ll build something out for you that you can lean on, which will be there for you no matter what life throws at you. We’ll design it around five key concepts.
Put Yourself First. This is a big one. This is about being able to say no. This can be hard. It’s tempting to say yes to everyone. But that’s not sustainable. We’ll work with you to make sure you say yes to yourself first.
Stress Is Manageable. Stress for many people is a fact of modern life. But it doesn’t have to be toxic. Start working on reducing the negative impacts of stress on your life. Open yourself up to new ideas. Your quality of life will improve.
Time Is Precious. It may seem like you need a 25th hour to get your workout in. But you don’t. Some days just require a different approach. If you only have 20 minutes, make the most of it. We’re magicians with high-intensity workouts. Just keep reminding yourself: you’re only one workout away from a good mood.
Laugh It Off. When you’re stuck in a rut, the first step is get some distance. Exercise is perfect for this. Then, when you’re done with your workout, treat yourself to your favorite sit-com and finish the day with a chuckle. It helps. You will be able to look forward to tomorrow with a smile on your face.
Wouldn’t it be nice to know exactly where you are at any moment with your fitness goals? Well not to brag or anything but we can give you exactly that. Say hello to our MYZONE heart rate tracker.
If you haven’t tried one yet, MYZONE will dazzle you. Unlike other activity trackers that only count steps and guess at number of calories burned, MYZONE uses technology to monitor activity from the gym and provides comprehensive, real-time effort data. It takes the guesswork right out of your workouts. You will know exactly how far you’ve gone, and how much effort you’ve spent, and how much progress you’ve made on your goals. All you have to do is wear a lightweight, unobtrusive belt on your torso.
How does it do all this? We’ll spare you all the techie talk but two remarkable features are its Bluetooth capability and built-in memory. When you use MYZONE you receive live data on your smart phone or your Snap Fitness club's TV screen. If you don’t have your phone while exercising, that’s no problem. The tracker stores up to 16 hours of data and will wirelessly upload once you enter a club or open the MYZONE app. Once your workout is completed, a summary email is sent to you with your effort graph, points earned, and calories burned. You will have all the information you need, uploaded and saved in a cloud account, to help you achieve your fitness dreams.
Stop into your club and ask one of our wellness coaches to hook you up with MYZONE. It’s easy to use. And more than that, it’s empowering. Let MYZONE help you measure your effort, modulate your intensity, and accomplish great things!