Spiced Pumpkin Soup
Looking for a winter warmer? look no further!
Get spicy with this delcisious spicy pumpkin soup! what a great way to warm up this winter!
- 760g Silken Tofu
- 10 tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 4 cup Diced Butternut Pumpkin
- 1 medium Brown Onion
- 1 medium Carrot
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Mild Curry Powder
- 1 litre Vegetable Stock
- 1 serve Salt & Pepper
- 4 1/2 cup Canned Chickpeas
- 2 2/3 medium Sweet Potato
- Finely dice the sweet potato, pumpkin, onion and carrot. Drain and rinse the chickpeas
- Take a large saucepan and place over medium heat. Add the onion to the saucepan and then add in the ginger, cinnamon, cumin and curry powder
- Cook until the onion is translucent, then add the vegetable stock
- Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, pumpkin and carrot into the saucepan and bring to the boil
- Reduce the heat and then simmer for approx. 25 minutes or until the pumpkin and sweet potato are very soft
- Allow to cool slightly, then add in the silken tofu and nutritional yeast flakes
- Take a stick blender and blend to form a smooth pumpkin soup
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, divide into 4 serves and enjoy!
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.