Important Nutrition Information
If you have a specific dietary requirement and have received a vegan, vegetarian, gluten or dairy free meal plan there are certain foods not included in your plan. As such it’s important to consider how to ensure you receive adequate amounts of specific vitamins and minerals that you are at risk of being deficient in.
Also, the way your meal plan has been structured allows you to choose from a number of different ingredient options or recipes each day. If you consume the same foods regularly, you are at risk of not reaching the recommended daily intake of certain vitamins and minerals.
To help you ensure you are consuming a healthy and balanced diet, we have provided five important nutrition considerations below.
If you are concerned about any of the points below, please consult with your health professional.
- Calcium: Aim to consume 2-3 serves of dairy products every day or on most days of the week to ensure you are reaching your calcium requirements. If consuming a plant based diet, we recommend you consult with your health professional.
- Iodine: Aim to consume dark grain bread or white fish on most days of the week to ensure you are reaching your iodine requirements.
- Vitamin B12: Aim to consume 2-3 serves of dairy and 2-3 serves of meat daily to ensure you are reaching your B12 requirements. If consuming a plant based diet we recommend you consult with your health professional.
- Iron: Aim to consume a range of iron rich foods daily to ensure you are reaching your daily iron requirements e.g. meat products, lentils and beans, nuts are seeds and dark leafy green vegetables.
- In some meal plans fruit has been listed as an option at breakfast as well as snack times. We recommend consuming 2 serves of fruit per day.
- In some meal plans, protein powder has been listed as an option at breakfast as well as snack times. We recommend choosing this option only once per day.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.