Muscle Building Myths
10 things to do to build muscles quickly. If you have ever searched for ways to build muscles, you must have come across many articles and videos having titles like these. The internet is full of age-old myths surrounding muscle building and muscle growth.
This article is sort of a myth-buster. Here, we will talk about some of the common misconceptions surrounding muscle building.
- Fat to muscle: A lot of people think that the fat stored in the body is converted into muscles after working out. This is certainly not the case as the fat source is just the fuel to produce energy, similar to what petrol is for a car. Muscles are already present in your body, you just need to develop them!
- Diet: Ask any gym-goer, they will tell you that you can't build muscles without having eggs or non-veg. But the fact is: It doesn't matter. A lot of athletes incorporate veg food items in their diet such as Broccoli, Tofu, Paneer, Soyabean, Greek Yoghurt, Cereals, etc. Animal diet doesn't necessarily contain more protein than a veg one. If taken in the correct amount, soya and protein can provide more protein than your good old chicken! Even a vegan diet can provide you with the required proteins to build muscles. Also, it's perfectly fine if you are someone who doesn't like milk. Just make sure to incorporate different colours of vegetable and whey protein (if possible). Besides this, just work out optimally with the right amount of reps and you should see progress soon.
- Sleep Pattern: A minimum of 7 to 8 hours of sleep is recommended for good muscle recovery and protein synthesis. Lack of sleep can lead to inflammation in the body along with fatigue.
- Weather: You must have optimum temperature in your surroundings which is neither too hot nor too cold. If it's too hot, then there are chances of getting a heat stroke. If it's too cold, then the body will cool down quickly which is also not good. Also, it is important to have proper ventilation, so keep those doors and windows open as much as possible.
- Lifestyle: Contrary to popular belief, it isn't really important whether you have an active or a sedentary lifestyle. What's important in the long run is that you spend around 150 hours per week in aerobic and anaerobic states.
- Age-Group: Age is an important factor determining muscle building. Less or more age can lead to slow muscle building. After 25 years, the amount of testosterone present in the body reduces by a small amount. The metabolism slows down and your body takes longer to process the food. Ultimately, the rate of muscle recovery reduces. Hence, it becomes very important to take enough rest and sleep.
Besides the above-mentioned points, it is important to note that nothing can replace the importance of doing regular work-out. The correct amount of exercises along with optimum reps is extremely vital for muscle building.
You can always take the help of supplements such as whey protein and DCA that can help you quicken the process of muscle building (but only after consulting a doctor).
Alternatively, you can join Snap Fitness which has some of the best gyms in Dubai. Here, all your fitness requirements will be taken care of by experienced fitness trainers who can help you build muscles quickly and efficiently.
Check out our Instagram page to know more about the Snap Fitness advantage.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.