Looking For a Gym? Keep These 10 Things in Mind Before You Select “The One”
Joining a gym is no small decision. Not only are you going to invest in a gym membership but will also have to make time from your busy schedule to make full use of that membership. There are many people who take a gym membership at the beginning of the month, but ultimately find it too hard to continue going on a regular basis. In the end, all that remains are unachieved fitness goals and the money invested flushed down the drain.
The onus of going to the gym regularly lies not only on you but also on the gym. If your gym is a place where you don’t really feel comfortable or welcome, then you will obviously be demotivated to go there on a regular basis. Hence, it’s essential to choose a gym that aligns with your fitness goals.
How To Select a Gym in Dubai
The fitness industry in the UAE is growing at a rapid pace. There are hundreds of gyms in the UAE, specifically Dubai which offers all kinds of services.
But how to determine which one is right for you?
Honestly it's not that difficult. You just need to keep these points in mind and you should be all set to go.
1. Assess Your Requirements: The first thing that you need to do is ask yourself why you want to join a gym. Is it just because you see your peers going to one or is it something else. Determine what you are looking for. You can join a gym for weight loss, for toning up your body, to build muscles and gain some weight, or just to stay healthy. Different gyms have different membership plans based on the kind of workouts you want to do. Hence, determining your needs first will be helpful in making any further decisions.
2. Operating Hours: Considering that you have a full-time job, you will have to determine an appropriate time slot when you will be comfortable going to the gym. Search for gyms that operate in that time slot and choose accordingly.
3. Membership Fee: The average cost of gym membership in Dubai is quite high, hence choosing the one that fits in your budget will require considerable research. This is not to say that there aren’t gyms that offer membership at very reasonable prices. For example - Snap Fitness has three fitness centers in Dubai where you can obtain a monthly membership for just AED199.
4. Workout Environment: Neither would you want to go to a gym that is crowded with people nor would you want to go to one that has very few members. The one thing that you need to pay attention to is how the gym makes you feel. Do you feel at ease with the trainers and the surroundings? If yes, then that gym should be a good place to start with.
5. Equipment: A gym having inferior equipment should be a strict no. After all, you will be investing a considerable amount of money in your membership, so you deserve the best there is on offer. Certain gyms in Dubai like Snap Fitness provide you with world-class equipment so that you can work out properly.
6. Cleanliness: This is something highly important, especially in today’s time. Lots of people frequent the gym on a regular basis. Hence, it is important that the equipment you are going to use is properly cleaned and sanitized to prevent you from catching any infection.
7. Personal Trainers: Personal trainers can be of great help in ensuring you do the exercises with the correct posture. Most of the gyms in the UAE have certified personal trainers who can easily cater to your needs.
8. Membership Privileges: A gym membership should give you more than just a fit body. There are memberships that offer discounts on select merchandise. Also, you can join the sister gym of a particular fitness center if you have their membership at no additional fee.
9. Browse Through the Social Media: Most of the gyms and fitness centers have their own social media pages. It can be really helpful to give them a visit as they can tell you a lot about how the gym operates and what kinds of services are there on offer.
10. Value-Added Services: These include facilities such as parking, locker rooms, etc. A gym providing additional services other than just the workout ones is always a better option. For example, Snap Fitness is a gym in Dubai that provides facilities such as parking, wi-fi lounges, showers & lockers, and much more.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.