How To Be A Good Gym Member?
With the advent of the Covid-19 pandemic which has ravaged the world, there has been an increasing focus on adopting healthy and sanitary practices in our day to day life. These practices are not just applicable inside your home or in your immediate vicinity, but should also be followed in the places you frequent, such as the gym.
Now more than ever, it is important to be a good gym member by adopting a healthy behaviour, not just for your own safety but also for the safety of your fellow gym members. It is the role of every individual to contribute to promote a healthy gym culture.
Let’s take a look at some of the ways in which you can be a good gym member:
- Stay away if you are sick: There is no need to be a hero, not right now. In case you are feeling even a little bit sick, stay away from the gym or any community place for that matter. We understand your desire to remain fit in these trying times, but this time it is not just about you. So it’s better to consult your doctor immediately, get better quickly, and then only resume your workouts.
- Maintain proper distance: After doing the workouts, you are bound to sweat a lot and breathe hard. This can be a potential for spreading the virus. Hence, always try to maintain at least 6 feet distance from your fellow gym members. The gyms nowadays are also taking a host of measures, such as reducing the occupancy to help maintain social distancing.
- Minimize Contact: It would be better if you could hold onto those fist bumps and high fives for now. Instead of touching each other, you can use your words to encourage and motivate each other.
- Follow the rules: It is highly important that you follow the various rules laid down by the gym. For example- If a machine is not being used to maintain social distancing, then stay away. Follow the advice given by your trainers and the timings suggested by your gym. It is for your own good.
- Always clean the equipment after use: As you might be well aware, you are bound to leave traces of sweat after workout on a machine or an equipment such as a dumbbell. It is vital that you clean these equipment after use to maintain sanitary conditions. This is not just important in these times of pandemic but is a good gym practice in general.
In these trying times, it is important that you go to a gym that promotes safety and implements hygienic practices in its day to day working.
Snap Fitness is a global brand having fitness centres not just in Dubai but across the whole world. Being a popular brand, we always aim to provide the best workout conditions for our members in order to promote safety and well-being. It is one the best gyms in UAE and Dubai.
To know more about our practices and methodology, check out our Facebook page.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.