This time of year can be tough to get yourself to the gym and give 100 percent in your workouts. Our New Year's resolutions tend to be replaced by the "winter blues." Don’t let the blues get you down and differ you from your goals! We compiled a list of useful tips to help get you back on track with your fitness regimen.
Write down your workouts
- Telling yourself that you are going to work out later isn’t as reliable as marking it in your calendar or putting a note somewhere you will see it.
Have a workout partner
- It could be a significant other, a family member, or a friend. This person will help to push and encourage you.
Keep track of your accomplishments
- Looking at your progress and how far you’ve come will motivate you to go further. Keep pushing!
Switch things up
- By trying new things and switching up your workout routine, you avoid the dreaded fitness plateau. Your body and mind need change and challenge.
Crank the beats
- Music gets you amped up and in the mood for a workout. Picking songs with a lot of bass will motivate you to go 100 percent in the gym.
A short workout is better than no workout
- Even if you have limited time, a short workout is better than none at all. Interval training burns more fat and calories in a short amount of time.
Sign up for an event
- Doing this will hold you accountable for something such as a 5K. At the end, you have the feeling of accomplishment.
- Hitting the gym hard every day and overworking yourself can result in fatigue and/or injury. If you get rest and dedicate a day off from the gym, you will have more energy for your harder workouts.
For more motivation, nutrition, and fitness tips, follow us on Pinterest!