It’s officially pumpkin season!
Nothing spices up a recipe than the flavor of pumpkin. Did you know that pumpkin puree is low in calories and fat, not to mention contains vitamins and antioxidants? You will be in heaven with this recipe for Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes. They are full of great flavor, and super moist. Top these cakes with your favorite hot maple syrup, pecans, or a dollop of butter. If it was possible to put Fall on a plate, we’ve done it!
1 cup all purpose gluten free baking flour
1 cup almond milk
¾ cup pureed pumpkin
¼ cup buckwheat flour
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix together the egg, sugar and vanilla until foamy. Add melted butter and pureed pumpkin and combine well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine gluten free flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder and the spices. Add the combined dry mixture to the pumpkin mixture.
3. Add milk and stir until the batter is smooth.
4. Heat a frying pan and use a 1/3 measuring cup to pour the batter on the heated frying pan. Once the top of the pancake starts to bubble, flip the pancake and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Watch carefully.
5. Serve warm with maple syrup or your desired topping.