Here is a list of superfoods for a super YOU!
1. Black Beans
- Loaded with protein and zero saturated fats.
- Add with brown rice for a healthy and harty protein/carb combo.
- High in fiber, boosts metabolism, and burns fat.
- Start of your morning with whole grain oats and fruit.
- Packed with healthy fats, fiber, and protein.
- Avocado is very tasty with eggs.
- Lean protein and packed with monounsaturated fats.
- Have it by itself or throw it in a sandwhich or salad.
- Anti-aging and a high fiber content for low calories.
- Toss in your next smoothie!
- Also high fiber content with less than 30 calories per serving.
- Eat it raw, steamed, or roasted but don't ruin it with ranch sauce.
7. Brown Rice
- Healthy carb that burns fat and boosts metabolism.
- Pair with chicken for a great post-workout meal.
- Has 15% of your daily fiber intake.
- The peeling contains most of the fiber.
- Contains 90% water.
- Grill your grapefruit to bring out more flavor with the natural sugars.
10. Kidney Beans
- High in protein and in resistant starch.
- Kidney beans taste great in chili!
- Contain healthy fats to slim down.
- Swapping out crackers for almonds can do wonders.
12. Green Tea
- Contains antioxidants that burn fat and calories.
- Drink 3-5 cups a day to lose weight.
- A half-cup serving contains 3.4 grams of resistant starches that burn fat and boost metabolism.
- The ways to eat lentils are endless. Cook them up and add to your favorite dish to get all the lentil nutrients.
- One banana contains a whopping 12.5 grams of resistant starches.
- Mush a banana into a bowl, put it in the freezer until it is an ice cream-like texture, and enjoy your healthy ice cream.
- Loaded with protein that curbs your appetite.
- Make sure you have hard-boiled eggs packed in your lunch for a quick and nutritious snack.
What's your favorite superfood? Tell us on our Facebook page!