What do plants, fish, tigers, and humans have in common?
Water! All living things require water to grow, function, and survive.
Benefits of water:
- Healthy heart
- Diminish toxins from body
- Healthy and glowing skin
- Natural energy booster
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Great for joints, pains, and aches
- Fights infection
- Builds immune system
- Promotes regularity and helps digestion
- Helps lose weight
(If you are thirsty, chances are you are already dehydrated.)
Effects of dehydration
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Bladder or kidney problems
- Premature aging
- Weight gain
- Stiffness or pain in joints
How much water should you drink daily?
- On average, drink 8 8-ounce glasses of water. This will change depending on exercise, breastfeeding, pregnancy, and illnesses.
Fact: The average human body is made up of 50-65% water.